When you are born again, you become a member of the family of God. It is important for each member of this family to grow with others. It is important to identify yourself with other believers in the local church. We encourage you to consider joining this community of believers. Membership is an active, participatory role at Family Bible Church.
To provide you with a clear picture of membership at Family Bible Church, we offer a membership class. This membership class is filled with information to help you learn more about Family Bible Church. You’ll join others and gain a deeper understanding about the church. You will hear about the church’s history … and where it’s heading. You’ll discover what we believe and why we do what we do. You’ll get all of the “inside info” you’re looking for from one of the pastors who teach the class.
If you are ready to join the community and all of the excitement that is taking place, then membership at Family Bible Church is for you.
Who qualifies for membership?
* Those who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.
* Those who have baptized.
* Those who seek to honor Christ and His body through their daily conduct.
* Those who will commit to be faithful to this church in prayer, attendance, and the use of their talent, time, treasure and touch.
* Those who understand and will submit to the fundamental doctrines of our faith and the principles set forth in the by-laws of this ministry.
* Those who have a desire to, “Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever! Amen.
How do I apply for membership?
* Attend the “New Members” class/classes.
* Fill out and submit the membership application.
* Meet with the Pastor and share testimony of your conversion experience.
* Meet with the church board and share your testimony.
* Agree to the following statements at a regularly scheduled meeting of the membership. (This is usually done during a morning worship service.)
o Do you promise, with the help of the Lord, that you will be faithful in all your Christian duties, that you will attend the services of the church whenever possible, that you will support it with your prayers, and offerings, and do whatever you can to promote its growth and spiritual life?
o Do you believe the Holy Bible, consisting of both Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God?
o Do you believe in the God of the Bible who is revealed as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost?
o Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus Christ, in His atoning death and resurrection, and in His second coming to reign as King of Kings and Lord of lords?
o Do you believe that Jesus died on the cross as your substitute and sacrifice for sin, and that through His death you now have the forgiveness of sins, and do you now confess Him as your Lord and Savior?
Contact Kris at email@example.com to register.